Monday, July 09, 2007

Mellow weekend

This weekend was nice & relaxing, but there was only one thing missing.... David was in Vegas for a bachelor party. He had a great time, but I think it still surprises both of us how much we can miss each other over two days. I got lots of exercise in though, boxing on Friday, then I went for an 8 1/2 mile run around Mission Bay on Saturday to prepare for the America's Finest City (AFC) Half Marathon coming up in August and then went for a 4 mile walk on Sunday morning. Next weekend, I'll run 12 miles around the bay just to make sure I'm ready :)

On Saturday afternoon, Heidi came down and we vegged at my apartment for a while before deciding we must have Cheesecake Factory. We always end up ordering the same exact thing, Grilled Portabella on a Bun for me and The Club sandwich, extra crispy bacon no tomatoes for her. YUMMY!! I also got a side of steamed broccoli for some extra veggies, and then I had to get fresh strawberries for dessert because she got a slice of Snickers Bars Chunks cheesecake.... I still stole a little taste, of course it was delish!! But I learned my lesson after the yummy dessert at the hotel in Coronado and made sure I had something else sweet to snack on instead. The strawberries were a perfect remedy :)

We were supposed to go surfing on Sunday, but decided it would be a lazy day instead and went and had a pedicure before she headed home. I was so happy to go pick up David from the airport, but it was a lazy, recovery afternoon for him.... Vegas can do that to you. He had a great time though and I'm glad to have him back home even after only 2 days away. I missed him!!

No comments: