Saturday, May 26, 2007

Pokez

David and I went to a new restaurant before the game last night. Well, the restaurant's not new, it's quite old, but I've never been there before, so it's new to me. It's called Pokez and it's a mexican vegetarian restaurant, which is quite an unusual theme considering that just about everything on the menu can be made with meat or tofu (or other veggie selections). It's very nice for me to be able to sit down at a restaurant and have so much to choose from and such a wide variety of options that include tofu. I really liked the food, it was very healthy and wouldn't have been too "heavy" except that I ate the whole humongus tofu burrito! It was huge, and very tasty. Not sure if David thought much of the shrimp burrito, but then he had already had the best lasagne EVER elsewhere for lunch, so maybe he'll try something different the next time we go :) The building looks like a beat up dive bar downtown, but it had a great artsy eclectic vibe to it, which was very groovy. We're going back for breakfast next time, I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

3 comments:

CreoleInDC said...

David...make sure she doesn't try and take us here next week okay?

Thanks in advance for looking out.

:)

Ericanbiloxi said...

Just keep ordering margaritas for David and he will be ok......OLE'

Hugs
Erica

CreoleInDC said...

I'm currently sitting on the floor in your living room and we are all talking. Your mother is enjoying herself as I and your brother are as well. You look soooooooooooo happy and I know we have David to thank for that huge smile on your face and for that peaceful aura that is surrounding you.

I'm so glad we had an opportunity to visit with you and look forward to seeing you again soon. Glad we were able to help ya keep ya STANK on! LOL!

Love, love, love,

Monnie